Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Don't Feel Much Like Writing....

Since I don't feel much like writing, I'll share some pictures and favorite quotes with you all. This is my family.

I missed you even when I was with you. That’s been my problem. I miss what I already have, and I surround myself with things that are missing. -Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close




If I could stay in one moment forever it would be driving down a country road on a summer night, Pete holding my hand and whistling a lullaby. The kids hugged up in the back seat falling asleep, each ones head on anothers shoulder. -Me


God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. ~Chester W. Nimitz


“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!” Jack Kerouac


"Crossing an international border to support your family and pursue dreams of a better life is not an inherently criminal act like rape or robbery. If it were, then most of us descend from criminals. As the people of Texas know well, the large majority of illegal immigrants are not bad people. They are people who value family, faith and hard work trying to live within a bad system." The Libertarian Party Website


Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik




No comments:

Post a Comment